How to make an Iced Coffee
Easy Iced Coffee: Tips and Tricks to making a perfect cold coffee
Iced coffee is a refreshing beverage that can be enjoyed on a hot summer day or as an afternoon pick-me-up. In this article, Maria, the founder of and barista at Finca Velez, will share her pro tips and tricks on making the perfect iced coffee so you can enjoy at any time of the day!
- Fresh espresso shot or cold brew
- Ice cubes
- Milk or cream (optional)
- Sugar or homemade syrup (optional)
- Pull an Espresso Shot
- The first step in making iced coffee is to make your espresso. All of our beans go very well with a cold coffee, but Maria recommends using either Mujeres or Ermita.
- Pro Tip: pull your shot directly over ice or milk of your choice. This way, the flavour profile of the coffee will remain stronger.
- Add ice cubes.
- Fill a glass with ice cubes. You can use regular ice cubes or make coffee ice cubes for a stronger coffee flavour. Pour the cooled coffee over the ice cubes, leaving some room at the top of the glass. If you are not going to be adding milk, then add a bit of cold water and stir.
- Add milk or cream (optional)
- If you like iced latte, you can add milk to the drink. At Finca Velez, we use a milk frother to froth the milk to give it a foamy finish, but you can skip this part and simply add cold milk to the coffee. Make sure to stir well so that all of the flavours mix together.
- Add sweetener (optional)
- If you like your coffee sweet, you can add sugar, honey, or any other sweetener of your choice to the drink. Also, you can add homemade syrups which will make the drink even more special and unique.
- Drink and Enjoy!
- Once you have your iced coffee mixed well, sit back, relax and enjoy the beautiful flavours of Colombian coffee beans!